The weekly rewatch event is starting! Welcome and Hello fellow Gilmores!
So make time in this weekend or before the next posting, as we will go through each episode every weekend.
This will be the post dedicated to discussion our rewatch of the this episode.
Here are a couple of thoughts, notes and some quotes I took while watching this time around, respond to them, bring some of your own whatever you would like to do!
- Where even is this Luke's Diner? Even the entryway is completely different! Was it just not planned out well?
- The "regular Jack Kerouac" guy really makes me mad, people that can't read social queue just annoy me. GO AWAY!
- "Are you my new daddy?" I love that the show goes right into the wit and power of the greatest TV duo.
- I love the opening theme and Carol King, what other songs do you think would have worked for this show?
- We all wish we could be Drella(the Harp Player) at work or in life. Just saying what she thinks and doesn't care if people don't like it.
- Dean seemed to be invisible to Rory. Maybe because he was new but maybe because Rory just didn't care about noticing people? (Self -centered?) Would they have even got together if they didn't run into each other?
- The girls in the class who are doing nail painting. BUT WHY ONLY ONE NAIL!? What is the point of that? Color testing?
- Is Sookie still employed only because she's friends with Lorelai? Anyone that clumsy in any kitchen setting would have been fired a long time ago.
- Didn't they(Lorelai and Rory) know the tuition of Chilton before applying? You know it for colleges. Was is some big secret that you only find out once you are accepted?
- How much was tuition any way? 5k? 50k? 5k is managable but not for an eternity of Friday night dinners. I'm sure Luke would have helped out if it was only 5k. If it was 50k. NO. Just no. That is way too much for a school.
- That box of stuff Rory is taking from school. Was that all in her locker?! There is no way that could be it.
- I've never seen Rory or Lorelai pay for anything at Lukes. He must have lost so much money off of them in the time they spent there.
- Why is talking about Dean so hard for Rory especially with Lorelai. They are so much closer than most parents and kids. It should be a peice of cake for them.
Feel free to join us and share this event with other Gilmores!
Once again thanks for joining this community!
Current Mood: productive